Monday, July 9, 2012

Touchdown in Japan!

Lucky and I made it! We're finally in Japan!

The flight to Kadena wasn't too bad -- just super-long. The trip to Tokyo lasted for about 11 hours. We had a 3 hour layover there, and then a quick 1.5 hour flight from Iwakumi. After a 2 hour layover, we had yet another 1.5 hour flight to Kadena Air Base -- our home for the next three years.

Lucky doesn't seem any worse for wear. He had a nasty case of jet lag when we first arrived, but he's back to his normal ways now.

Our internet isn't working right now, so unfortunately blog posts may be a little sporadic and short for a while. I'm updating from my phone. (Typing just a paragraph seems to take forever with my tiny keypad.) I don't have many formatting options right now either, so bear with me. :)

So far, the island has been incredible. I can't wait to bring you more dispatches from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment