Monday, July 23, 2012

Full-body Weights Workout

As a member of the military, Loren's required to attend physical training every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.  Rather than sleep in and enjoy having the bed to myself, I've started going with him to the fitness complex.  He works out with his squadron, and I head to the weight room.

Here's a sample of what I've been doing.  It's a good little workout -- I usually end up drenched in sweat.  (Although the heat and humidity in the gym probably add to my perspiration.  Some mornings, I think it's cooler outside the building.)

I've included links with videos for each exercise

Unless otherwise indicated, do 12 reps of each.

TUESDAY MORNING WORKOUT

5 minute warm-up (running on treadmill)

Round 1 (Repeat 3x)
-Sumo squat with press
-Side lunge with dumbbells
-Dumbbell woodchops

Round 2 (Repeat 3x)
-One-legged dead lift
-Burpee with shoulder press
-Squat with arm curls

Round 3 (Repeat 3x)
-Plank row
-Bench dips
-Isolated dumbbell bench press

Round 4 (Repeat 3x)
-V-ups (do 15 reps)
-Plank on medicine ball (60 seconds)
-Side plank (60 seconds each side)

Round 5 (Repeat 3x)
-Russian twist with medicine ball (do 15 reps)
-Toe touches (do 15 reps)
-One-armed plank (60 seconds each side)

No comments:

Post a Comment