Monday, July 23, 2012

The House Guest

We have a temporary addition to the Morrall-Russell household.

Meet AJ.  He weighs about ten pounds and looks like a miniature ewok.

All that's missing is a little orange hood
AJ will be staying with us while his owners find permanent housing at Kadena.  They just arrived on Okinawa last Friday, and the kennel was packed with dogs.  Temporary lodging doesn't allow pets, so he's staying with us for the next week or so.

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm not a big fan of little dogs.  My ideal pet is a scruffy outdoor companion -- the kind who runs by your side and climbs mountains with you.  (Preferably carrying a miniature barrel of brandy around its neck.)

AJ does neither of those things.

To be fair, the itty-bitty legs and pug-nose don't help him much in the athletic department
So while I don't usually like little dogs, this Shi-Tzu has worn me over with his sheer .... tenacity.  Take this incident, which was taken early this morning on my iPhone:








Of course, the moment I got out my good camera to take non-blurry action shots, this happened:

"Oh hey, now we're going to pretend to be tired."
Go figure ...

No comments:

Post a Comment